The best way to cope with Labor & Industry (L&I) claims? Prevention.
On-the-job safety training and a strong safety-first company policy not only make sense from a regulatory viewpoint,they make good ‘cents’ from a business perspective.
Call on A.I. for safety strategies and careful claims management — a two-pronged approach that helps limit risk, maximize savings and get employees back to work sooner. Asafe workplace also allows workers to be more confident, and consequently, productivity and profits get a boost. If you recognize the benefits of a strong safety environment, call Dalena Tripplet to help you take the necessary steps to develop a workplace safety program that works.
A.I. also sponsors an optional Retrospective Rating (RETRO) Program, offered by Washington's Department of Labor and Industries. RETRO is a financial incentive program that rewards safety-conscious employers. Here is how the A.I. RETRO works:
- Employers may enroll in either individual or group plans
- A retrospective rating coverage period is twelve months, with three annual adjustment periods following
- At the end of each adjustment, if losses are lower than premium paid and risk level selected, the employer or group may earn a refund
How does an employer qualify for A.I. RETRO? Qualification begins with a commitment to improve safety, prevent injuries, and return injured employees to work. In addition, to be eligible, the employer must:
- Belong to a sponsoring association
- Be insured for workers’ compensation through Washington’s state fund
- Be current on industrial insurance premiums paid to the Department of Labor and Industries
- Pay a minimum yearly industrial insurance premium of $10,000 or more
- Have an experience rating of 1.0 or better
Workplace injuries are time-consuming and costly to everyone involved. Let us show you how our Safety and DIsk Management Department can benefi t your business. Contact Dalena Tripplet for more information.
MORE VALUABLE SAFETY INFORMATION:
For the latest safety information and handy links, go to Dalena's Safety MATTERS Blog.
For a calendar of safety-related events, go to Safety EVENTS and TRAINING OPPORTUNTIES
Associated Industries ATT: Safety Services
1206 North Lincoln, Suite 200
Spokane, WA 99201
509.326.6885 or 800.274.5309
Director, Safety Services
Phone: 509.326.6885 Ext. 221
Retro Program Coordinator/Claims Manager Safety Services
Phone: 509.326.6885 Ext. 222
Claims Manager Safety Services
Phone: 509.326.6885 Ext. 224